Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default sprouting seed

I was gathering some seeds from the dahlias still out in the field
today, when I was sorting them out for drying I found that there was a
lot of see collarette seed germinating, in all I picked out and planted 70.
That's Dahlia seed germinating out of doors in January.
I also have a stem of Dahlia with some very beaten up flowers and
several new shoots so tomorrow I'll have to take them as cuttings.
Also 4 or 5 of the Hybrid tree dahlias still have green stems. All the
"normal" dahlias are long gone.
David @ a yet again wet side of Swansea Bay