Old 12-01-2014, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default sprouting seed

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

I was gathering some seeds from the dahlias still out in the field
today, when I was sorting them out for drying I found that there was a
lot of see collarette seed germinating, in all I picked out and planted 70.
That's Dahlia seed germinating out of doors in January.
I also have a stem of Dahlia with some very beaten up flowers and
several new shoots so tomorrow I'll have to take them as cuttings.
Also 4 or 5 of the Hybrid tree dahlias still have green stems. All the
"normal" dahlias are long gone.
David @ a yet again wet side of Swansea Bay

Our neighbour and his son put in a new fence for me a couple or three weeks
ago and of course disturbed all of the soil. I was surprised to see the
other day lots of small weeds sprouting!!

"The Gardener" went into the greenhouse to fetch something and saw that a
load of Hazel Twigs she had pruned off and was keeping for stages, have some
very healthy looking buds on them.

Global Warming ? ;-}

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk