Old 13-01-2014, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sprouting seed

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:

Our neighbour and his son put in a new fence for me a couple or three weeks
ago and of course disturbed all of the soil. I was surprised to see the
other day lots of small weeds sprouting!!

"The Gardener" went into the greenhouse to fetch something and saw that a
load of Hazel Twigs she had pruned off and was keeping for stages, have some
very healthy looking buds on them.

Global Warming ? ;-}

Not necessarily. That has always happened in the warmer parts of
the UK, such as the Isle of Wight. Plenty of seeds will germinate
at any time the soil is above freezing, and hazel is well-known
to start growing (and producing catkins) in winter.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.