Old 13-01-2014, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default A New spade

On 13/01/2014 18:57, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 13/01/2014 16:43, David Hill wrote:
Well the time has come to pension off my old spade after somewhat over
20 years, The blade is now around 3 inches shorter that it was when new.
So I set off to get a new one, but what and where?

(snip)

I settled for a Wilkinson spade for £13.50, no sharp bits, or rough
handles so no chance of cuts or blisters and Wilkinson's guarantee.
Now I just have to grind down the blade a bit to give it some form of
cutting edge, and I'll be ready for the next 20 years, well miracles do
happen, and I'll only be in my 90's.

Did you go for carbon steel or stainless steel?

At that price?
Not stainless.
Dare I say I went for a common or garden spade