Old 13-01-2014, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default ladders best

"Janet" wrote in message
t...

In article ,
says...

I currently have a fairly tall ' a frame' ladder from which I cut my
hedges nut I need to cut the water shoots from my Bramley Apple tree
which is too high for the 7 foot I can reach at the moment.

Seen the collapsible straight ones on the market and wondered if they
were fairly safe/sturdy to use ? If not what should I go for in a long
ladder, as if I am buying one I may as well get one that reaches
upstairs windows etc.

Seeing my roofer fall off his ladder (at one-storey height) onto our
stone steps and break both legs somewhat coloured my view of working
from ladders :-( We have one of those platforms for hedgecutting.

Instead of buying an extending ladder I'd say the money is better
spent paying someone to do the job for you.

Janet B

Not your cup of tea Janet?

http://www.oneposter.com/product/110...state-building

Mike