Old 14-01-2014, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default What to plant in waste area

In article , says...

David Hill wrote:

I have a small waste area, 1.5 x 7 metres, by the side of my house,
and want to plant something to stop the weeds growing there.
I was thinking of potatoes or sweet peas.
Any other (or better) suggestions?

As the OP is in Italy I'd think asking in a more appropriate group would
be the answer

Unfortunately I don't know of a "more appropriate group".
Do you?

Actually, the weather here (in eastern Tuscany)
is not that different from the UK or Ireland.

Tuscany is 10 degrees further south which must make a difference to
light heat and growing seasons; and Dublin is not known for its
scorching summer heat.

Surprisingly, annual rainfall is greater here
though it rains less often but heavier.
As far as I can see the plants that grow here are much the same as in Dublin
(though I am no expert).

Ah, the olive groves of Dublin...

Janet.