Old 15-01-2014, 02:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Did you know ...

Derald wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

That toilet paper tubes , cut in half , make excellent starter pods
? Put a
bunch of them in a round tinfoil cake pan standing on end , Fill /em
with your choice of soil , and plant the seeds . By the time the
plants are
ready to move into the garden the bottom half will be mostly
decomposed .

Yes; I've used them for years. I slip bands cut from (nominally)
28oz plastic coffee containers around groups to keep them together and
stand the whole ball of wax on end in the container's lid. Warning:
The tubes are flat-wound helixes that do not always unwind easily or
disintegrate as readily as one might hope. You may have begun to
notice the "Lifesaver Effect" on toilet paper rolls: That is, the
hole is bigger while the roll appears to be the same size. The
large, thin cores work better than the older "good" ones.

--
Snag

---
protection is active. http://www.avast.com

[OT] BTW: Your sig delimiter is broken. Hyphen, hyphen, space, CR is
what most newsreading software expects to see, although, some also
honors hyphen, hyphen, hyphen, CR. That will spare the group the
Avast spam, if nothing else. No one in his right mind believes it,
anyway. Think about it: Would _you_? :-)

Derald
USDA 9b
Peninsular FL, USA

This comp is still being sorted out - This is my desktop , I left it with
my kids at my house in Memphis "We don't use your stuff." . Pure bullshit ,
they had this thing so eaten up with virii and trojans that I had no choice
but to wipe the HDD install the OS fresh . Actually I swapped in a new
drive so I could salvage most of the stuff on the old one .
I thought the sig delimiter was "space hyphen hyphen ... oh and I turned
that particular annoyance off in the AV program - I think I did anyway .