Old 14-01-2014, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What to plant in waste area

In article ,
kay wrote:

Sarcocca/Danae/Ruscus and periwinkle (Vinca) will form a solid
barrier in time, and will do better with you than in the UK or
Ireland. There may be other such plants, too.

I really wouldn't like to try to force myself into the middle of a patch
of Ruscus to get at some stray unwanted plants that had found its way in
(or do some maintenance work on the house)

Wimp :-)

Ruscus isn't more than scratchy - I wouldn't change out of shorts
to wade through it. But you might be someone who objects to
hairline scarring on your legs - I don't.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.