Old 14-01-2014, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Great British Garden Revival

On 2014-01-14 19:27:51 +0000, David Hill said:

I am surprised that no one has posted about this series.
I'm finding it good, a different format with a good selection of
presenters, though I just can't take very much of Christine Walkden, I
had to change channels after almost 15 mins. of her. I know others find
her good.
Then tonight being told how to get rid of bindweed, "don't pull it up
as it has a tap-root that can go down a couple of meters" a different
form to any I have found in a long life of fighting it. But I'm being
picky.
Lets have more gardening progs. in this sort of format.
David @ a rainy side of Swansea Bay.

We've seen it very little, chiefly because of time constraints with
guests during and after Christmas. We saw it last night and enjoyed it
and we do like Christine Walkden. We also liked the straightforward
presenting on 'how to do this' with Toby Buckland. I watched some of
tonight's and while I'm not a fan of Alys Fowler's, I found her
approach and the direction of the programme far preferable to her GW
stuff. That said, we're both tired and I'm afraid we fell asleep. This
really is NOT a reflection on the programme, just a rather taxing few
days recently!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com