Old 15-01-2014, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ladders best

In article ,
News wrote:
On 14/01/2014 02:26, Janet Tweedy wrote:

Well no which is why I was going to perhaps opt for a collapsible one
that isn't quite that high. and forget about the upstairs windows!

Maybe not what you want, but today, Maplin are doing a 3.56m multi
function ladder for £39.00. Its one of those that can be set up as a
step ladder. a trad ladder, a work platform, an overhanging step ladder
- or a step ladder with different height front or back legs. Probably
more too.

Almost all such cheap, multi-function ladders are somewhat ricketty.
As one of the main causes of death and injury, especially in older
people, is falling from ladders, we paid a lot more for a stable
industrial step ladder.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.