Old 15-01-2014, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default ladders best

On 15/01/2014 11:31, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,

Almost all such cheap, multi-function ladders are somewhat ricketty.
As one of the main causes of death and injury, especially in older
people, is falling from ladders, we paid a lot more for a stable
industrial step ladder.

Quite possibly true, but I find that the extended bases on the ends of
such ladders often make them more secure than ordinary steps - and they
are more flexible.

That said, the only one I've got experience of is bigger (probably a
deal heavier and certainly more expensive). It is certainly very sturdy
even without the extra stability of the wide footings - probably more so
than my traditional 2 piece extending ladder.

--
regards
andy