Old 15-01-2014, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Advice on sharpening a mower blade (mulcher)

"Another John" wrote in message
]...
Hi

I'm sharpening the blades on the ride-on mower that I use when gardening
for a friend.

These are mulching blades, hence have the "bows" in the profile of the
blade, further along from the 2" or so which form each end.

I don't think these blades have been sharpened in the life of the mower
(it was bought Spring 2011, and gets moderate use over the summer).

My question is: should the whole of the cutting section be sharpened, or
just the "bowed" part?

Google something like " How to sharpen a ride-on mower blades" and you will
surely find a site that will help. In the meantime perhaps this will be of
use:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UM0c399go

Regards,

Bill