Old 16-01-2014, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default level the lawn

On 16/01/2014 18:16, David Hill wrote:
On 15/01/2014 20:16, stuart noble wrote:
My son's lawn has a dip in the middle. The whole area is probably 60 ft
x 20 ft and the centre is about 3" lower than the edges. I thought of
trying a quick fix by leveling with topsoil/sand/seed and hoping the
existing grass will grow through it. Is that a realistic expectation?

I read a long discussion about it on Gardenweb, so I know about sand
types etc, but what works in the southern USA might not be successful in
SE England. With a toddler charging about, doing a proper job isn't an
option for the foreseeable future .

Any advice welcome

What you don't tell us is the diameter of the dip

I won't really know the details till I get a straightedge on it.
Needless to say, it's not a uniform dip, but I reckon probably half the
area is too low by anything from 1" to 3"