Old 19-01-2014, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lampranthus woes

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

Doesn't help with your Lampranthus problem, but how do you keep slugs/snails
off the Aloe? I have one and it gets chewed to bits, It got it from Sacha
and Ray to try outside, and so far it has gone through the last 3 winters,
but its a hollow victory as only the spare I kept inside bothers to flower!
and that always looks a mess.

They don't seem to touch it. That might be because its location isn't
adjacent to any slug and snail habitats and the nearest vent opens out
onto a paved area. But I don't get many flowers.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.