Old 19-01-2014, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Early primroses?

On 19/01/2014 18:23, Emery Davis wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:25:30 +0000, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David Hill wrote:

There is virtually damn-all here yet. Hazel, Japonica, Hamamelis and
Viburnum, and a few snowdrops next to a building are starting to appear,
but the bulk of even the earliest bulbs are still dormant.

Sorry - snip failure. That was me. And the hazel is still closed.

Another warm day, with sun and no wind for a change. Nice to be outside,
we noticed pretty much most of the bulbs are up. There's even a geranium
blooming, and some rose buds a few days away from flowering.

No sign of primroses or snowdrops. My snowdrops are timid creatures
that sit there and wait till they know that the crocus (crocuses, crocki
or what ever you want to call them) and daffs are safely blooming before
they dare to show themselves.
I noticed 2 crocus in colour well on the way to being in full flower.

David @ a practically rain free side of Swansea bay, well for today that is.