Old 20-01-2014, 09:52 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
There is a product called Algon, which claims to be "safer" and "organic" but they won't say what the active ingredient is. I wonder if it is just a strong vinegar.
Google has just managed to confirm to me that my suspicion is correct. Well if they sell what is in effect vinegar as a moss and algicide, and one can source it more cheaply under its usual name, why not use it? The acid in coca cola is phosphoric acid, but I don't see why that shuold work any differently.