Old 20-01-2014, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] wardjfb@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default Removing moss from tarmac

On Friday, January 17, 2014 7:48:00 PM UTC, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Our house faces north, and as such the tarmac drive

gets no sun at all and is quite damp.

I've tried over the years removing the moss that grows

by scraping it off with a spade and blasting it off

with a power hose. Neither of which work really

successfully and are starting to damage the tarmac.

So it looks as if it must be a chemical attack, but

what with? I,m hoping to get to a garden centre next

week, so I'd like some idea of what has worked and

what to avoid if possible.

Many thanks

--

Roger T