Old 21-01-2014, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_3_] Janet Tweedy[_3_] is offline

Default Removing moss from tarmac

On 17/01/2014 22:41, Sachs wrote:
A very weak dilution of e.g. Jeyes fluid, perhaps? But not if it's going
to run off into any plants you do want to keep. If the moss is
dangerous to you with regard to walking on it, I quite see your
concerns. If it's not and you're only concerned about appearance, my own
view would be to enjoy it but nobody would call my style 'tidy'! ;-) I
like moss.

No I know what the OP means. I have moss on my drive and it drives me up
the wall, as it just gets thicker sand in a suburban environment looks
neglected and untidy.
I spray weedkiller or pathclear on mine just to kill it but it takes an
extreme amount of effort to brush it off or even scrape it though a hoe
gets the thickest stuff clean out of the cracks, bleach would do or I
have found the salt I chucked over the ice last year also killed the moss.

--
Janet Tweedy
South Buckinghamshire

---