Old 22-01-2014, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] Shudderdun@hotmail.com is offline

Default Composting Query

A friend of mine has a turf farm and also*cuts and supplies wood for wood burning stoves etc, *consequently he has aproximately a 10 ton piles of grass clippings mixed with wood chips and sawdust, the*wood is a mixtute of both softwoods and hardwoods.

The *pile has been there for well over a year now and has produced a lovely thick black compost type material, *with only a small amount of larger blackened twigs/wood chips remaining.

Would this now be suitable to use as a multi purpose compost for my own garden or would I need to add any extra nutrients to improve it ???

I only intend to use several wheel barrow loads.

Many thanks for any suggestions.