Old 24-01-2014, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cotinus coggyria dieback

In article ,
Nick Maclaren wrote:

A couple of the pictures I posted show clearly that the cause of the
leaf whitening is that the branches are dying round much of their
circumference. Phytophthora, it may be well be - but whatever it is,
it seems to be primarily a branch effect.

Sorry about following up to myself. I have just done a few searches,
and get some near-match on Verticillium, but one thing that really
baffles me is the leaf bleaching. The other is just HOW patchy it
is - those leaf pictures were a single branch.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.