Old 25-01-2014, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Death by Irrigation

Fran Farmer wrote:
On 22/01/2014 4:57 AM, Derald wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:

Get over it.

Does "****ing into the wind" mean anything to you? ;-)

:-)) True. But we could also apply that old maxim about "good men"
how their inactivity ensures the triumph of evil.

I suppose you mean the one often attribute to Edmund Burke which usually
goes something like '.. all that is required for evil to triumph is for good
men to do nothing..." I quite like the sentiment and have used it myself.
The odd thing is I went looking for the origin of it and it turns out that
nobody can say just where and when he said it, so it remains unattributed.
It was used in The West Wing where they have POTUS using it and attributing
it to Burke. I suppose I will now be branded a 'lefty' for liking the show
about a fictional Democratic President. There are tougher things to bear.

We are a form of community here and, IMO, any disagreements should be
based on logic not just poop on the liver in an individual.

Yes. But you can see around you all the time arguments based on insult,
bias, bigotry, popular appeal, .... the list goes on... but arguments based
on facts and logic not so much.

Enough of this foolishness back to dragging hoses about.