Old 25-01-2014, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Ignore

On 2014-01-25 11:02:15 +0000, Martin said:
snip

With a Kindle Paper White you don't need to swipe the page. Just touching it on
the right or left side is sufficient to turn/change page.

I often read Kindle books
on my iPad and wouldn't be without it but it's an entirely different
and more cumbersome process for bed time reading!

I'll have to go and have a play with Ray's new Kindle. And I hope he's
discovered that for himself!

You can probably tell by the pattern of finger prints on the screen. Using the
dictionary by pressing the word to be looked up with a finger takes some skill
unless you have tiny fingers. Amazon sells a stylus to do it for around £10.
Last time I looked I found somebody selling a stylus for about 30p in
packets of
three.

Tonight we had dinner with some friends (California Cross pub - very
good!) and one of them mentioned this. Ray hadn't found it but he has
now! I think he needs to accept that these things take a bit of
learning but as he is patient in every other area of life, I suppose he
may be permitted a little impatience with technology that doesn't much
interest him!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com