Old 26-01-2014, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Bonfire ash a soggy mess

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Had a big bonfire the other day and then the rains came. Bonfire ash as in
heading.

Will it lose anything as it dries out?

We normally put it into the compost heap bit by bit or mix it with the
compost as we sieve that out of the compost heap.

Suggestions welcome.

Mike

Just fling it on your heap. Surely your heap gets rained on.? I put ash
from my woodburner, teabags, eggshells, veg peelings,chicken muck on my heap
and after a year into my veg patch.
Seems to work Ok

That's what I thought but it seems to be such a soggy mess now and I feel
sure it will take some sorting out and 'separating'.
As far as the ash from the log fire is concerned, that is scattered from the
tray so it is always dry.

Thanks again.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk