Old 28-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Brian Watson

Default Kiwi plants

"SugarChile" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Mine gets compost each year, but not an extravagant amount of it. I have
heavy clay soil that's been amended. I take the middle road with my
kiwi--it puts out so much growth, I figure it needs some feeding, but on

the
other hand I don't want to encourage it to roam even further into the

pear
trees, so I keep it moderate.

The south facing wall sounds like a good idea. That's what mine has, but
it's a freestanding privacy fence, and the kiwi grows quite happily on the
other side of it as well!

Good luck transplanting--it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for all the info.

It/they are going to be quite an armful to move, but I hope to do it this
weekend.

My soil has a lot of clay in it too, so I'll enrich it with some compost
first.

--
Brian
"Let's be grateful for our Fridays and face our Mondays with good humour."