Old 27-01-2014, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Sad day for Guernsey

On 2014-01-26 20:49:41 +0000, Bertie Doe said:

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

The island's tomato production has almost ground to a halt and it used
to be its lifeblood. Thank goodness for the finance industry and I
never thought I'd hear myself say that! Anthony Le Page who employs 15
workers on his 2ha glasshouses in the Vale is closing down.

I wonder what 2ha of Guernsey is worth? A one-way ticket to warmer,
drier climes.

Oh certainly a LOT of money, though it depends whether it's used for
developing houses for the local or the open market. I'd guess the
former, if anything. Property values in the islands are incredibly high.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com