Old 27-01-2014, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default another good read

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 17:18:08 -0500, Gary Woods wrote:

Janet wrote:

The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng.

This looks like an enjoyable read, and I will seek it out. Thanks, look
forward to discovering the author.

I don't know whether to thank or curse you- the book queue in my
smartphone just got longer- and I'm only partway through "Ender's Game,"
having found out that the book the poorly-rated movie is based on is:
Very good.
The first of a series of SEVEN!

Having a long book queue is a blessing, no? I've been working my way
through mine from Christmas, currently on Pelevin's Blue Lantern, and a
very likeable story about chickens discovering freedom in (post?) Soviet
life. Give it a try.

I didn't bother with the movie but had enjoyed "Ender's Game." I wonder,
though, if like me you'll get bored with the rest of the series, which
while clever lacks the weft of the first.

cheers,

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy