Old 27-01-2014, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default Vitamin C rooting magic

Christine Walkden was demonstrating taking cuttings on a recent 'Great
Garden Revival' episode and said she tends to use vitamin C tablets
dissolved in water instead of hormone rooting powder when it was
necessary.

I don't generally use any hormone powder for the relatively small number
of cuttings I do, as it goes off and I end up throwing most away and
regretting the purchase. I wondered if anyone here had tried the vit C
method and if you'd recommend it to increase 'strike' rate?

--
Sue