Old 27-01-2014, 02:38 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
A friend has offered me a eucalyptus, which is about 10 feet tall and
in a pot, so would be ideal. I had one there before, and a year before
they put in the post, I cut it back, hoping for regrowth.... but it
died!
If it's potbound, it may never establish. I've planted a few pot-bound eucs and nothing happened. The main trunks of them have died and I just have a few pathetic twigs emerging from the base, which never get going. They've been in 10-12 years.

I'd never plant any kind of euc without knowing exactly what it is and what it might do. See The Hardy Eucalyptus Page