Old 27-01-2014, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default another good read

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:14:05 -0500, Gary Woods wrote:

Emery Davis wrote:

Having a long book queue is a blessing, no?

A mixed blessing, I'd say. As long as it doesn't detract too much from
the "Honeydo" list, it's O.K.

Heh.

very likeable story about chickens discovering freedom in (post?) Soviet
life.

Title? Is Aardman going to do a movie?

Hermit and Six-Toes. Ch. 1 of the Bromfield translation I read is
actually available he

http://www.worldcat.org/wcpa/servlet/DCARead?
standardNo=0811214915&standardNoType=1&excerpt=tru e

Sorry about the long link. I do like Pelevin, and Bromfield does an
excellent job. The story has been re-released

Maybe Jean Luc Goddard could still direct it. Remember "Weekend?" Great
film!

I'm finding it not as exciting as the first, but still well worth the
read...currently on #5 "Ender's Shadow."

I read the 1st books, not all at once, and then gave up.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gardening, mostly dormant
here but for a couple of germinating pots.

The funny thing is that, as well as seeds germinating, there's a fuschia
putting out new growth, geraniums, roses coming out. One of the early
maples will be out in a couple of weeks if it stays warm, which will be
disastrous...

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy