Old 29-01-2014, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter & Jeanne Peter & Jeanne is offline

Default hedge maintenance

"stuart noble" wrote in message ...

I will chop a foot off the top this winter and be firm-but-fair on the
sides. The triangular cross section makes sense, but is going to look a
little strange here in SE London where all hedges are perfectly vertical
:-)

I do not think that John was suggesting " triangular" in section.
If my geometric memory - the shape being promoted is more rhombic.
ie No pointy bits - lol
Enjoy your chopping in whatever style - the sooner the better whilst in
dormancy - imho.
Regards
Pete