Old 30-01-2014, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Iralian cyprus

On 2014-01-30 11:49:33 +0000, Pam Moore said:

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 02:31:44 -0000, "Indigo"
snip

Thanks Sue
I have a tall Taxus vaccata but it is in a different part of the
garden. It has been in the ground for over 25 years. It was in a pot
for about 5 and when I planted it in the ground I did not know about
"teasing" the roots. It took years to get going but made got big
eventually. Ikeep it managable by taking out the tallest trunk right
to the base every few years.Now it's about the same size as the one
you have.
It would do the job but I don't want another the same.

Pam in Bristol

This is going more than a bit off-piste but I wonder if Eucryphia
Nymansay would interest you? It has beautiful white flowers in summer,
attractive dark green leaves, is evergreen and columnar in shape. The
flowers are a bee magnet. It's also hardy to H4 according to the RHS
and is a really lovely plant.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com