Old 01-02-2014, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Yet more rain

On 01/02/2014 12:49, stuart noble wrote:
On 01/02/2014 11:07, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 01/02/14 11:00, Sacha wrote:
Spoke too soon - the wind is stronger and great gouts of rain keep
smashing against the windows. Then blue skies emerge again for a few
minutes before it all goes black again.

Speaking too soon can partly be avoided by looking at the
live rainfall radar maps. They give a useful indication of
what's coming your way, and when. I first used them
usefully a few years ago, to tell people on my roof that
they had an hour to finish the roof before the rain/sleet
came. They didn't believe me, and were surprised when I
was right to within a few minutes.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
is convenient.

I already know whether it rained this morning thanks very much, and it
doesn't tell you how much they charge for this afternoon's predictions

The thing with rain today is the radar displays for the previous couple
of hours shown in 15 minute views shows you how the rain is moving ,
it's direction and the speed it's going so you do have an idea of what's
going to hit you in the next few hours.
But if you prefer your seaweed.......