Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yet more rain

On 01/02/14 12:49, stuart noble wrote:
On 01/02/2014 11:07, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 01/02/14 11:00, Sacha wrote:
Spoke too soon - the wind is stronger and great gouts of rain keep
smashing against the windows. Then blue skies emerge again for a few
minutes before it all goes black again.

Speaking too soon can partly be avoided by looking at the
live rainfall radar maps. They give a useful indication of
what's coming your way, and when. I first used them
usefully a few years ago, to tell people on my roof that
they had an hour to finish the roof before the rain/sleet
came. They didn't believe me, and were surprised when I
was right to within a few minutes.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
is convenient.

I already know whether it rained this morning thanks very much, and it doesn't tell you how much they charge for this afternoon's predictions

Indeed, just so. But it seems I didn't make
my point clearly enough...

All I do is look at where the rain has been over
the past two hours, and then mentally "project"
where it will be in the next couple of hours.

No need to pay