Old 04-02-2014, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Flumoxed

On 04/02/2014 16:55, Bob Hobden wrote:
"David Hill" wrote

I went outside just now and spooked a couple of birds that were on the
track on the other side of the car.
They got up and flew off low and making a metallic squawking alarm cry.
They were dark grey and on one there was a deep red tail. My first
thought was African grey parrots but the grey was slate Gray.
Anyone got any ideas.
David @ a very windy side of Swansea bay

Try this and see what you come up with.....
http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/bird...fier/form.aspx

Thanks Bob and Charlie. I've gone through all my books as well as
googling every site I could think of as well as European and North
American birds (with the gales in mind).
I've also been in touch with the British Trust for Ornithology, and the
local wetlands centre, all to no avail.
Thinking about it at the end of last week I heard a bird making a bit of
a racket, and it was nothing I've heard before, so just possible they
have been around for a few days so who knows just a chance of another
sighting. I am now walking around quietly and keeping my eyes pealed.
David @ the side of Swansea Bay where the wind is getting up, ready for
a rough night.