Old 05-02-2014, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tree/shrub questions

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 20:10:31 +0000, Nick Maclaren wrote:

As for another small tree, how about one of the small snake bark maples?

I should love to, but ....

The problem is the position catches the wind - NOT ideal for maples :-(

Well, don't be to sure! 'Silver Vein' is very tough, maybe the
toughest of the snake barks. It can definitely stand up to some wind!
Not that I'd recommend it for the coast, mind.

Your dead on for the other two I mentioned, though.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy