Old 08-02-2014, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default New neighbours

On 2014-02-08 23:01:02 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"Christina Websell" wrote

Well, they seemed Ok but they have reduced my conifers to lollipops and
hacked my damson trees. Without asking
FGS. We both have 150 yard long gardens and why it's necessary to get
so territorial I don't know.

I might just mention now how annoying their dog is, barking all day up
at the window through to my house but I had hoped not to have to say
keep your dog in the back of the house. Now I might.

If they have just cut your trees back on their side of the dividing
fence then that is their right, I do the same to the end of my
neighbours Leylandii hedge as I don't want it overhanging my garden.
However if they have damaged your trees on your side of the fence
without asking and getting your permission then that is wrong and they
should be told so. Of course they could have cut back the trees so they
could erect a fence to keep their dog in but it would have been
neighbourly to tell you first.

Keep a diary of the dog's noise but firstly, do try the softly softly approach.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com