Old 09-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Willi_9 Willi_9 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O'Dyne View Post
On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 21:17:56 -0000, "Grenou" iamhere@mostofthetime
wrote:

I sowed them 3 years ago. I guess the seeds were from 'Dasystemon
tarda'.
Future will show.

Brilliant result! Ten out of ten for patience :-)

Is a three-year germination normal, for this species I wonder? To be
honest this is the first time I've heard of tulips being propagated
from seeds--though since they produce flowers it obviously must be
possible.

--
Anne's Little Brother Bob
They are 3 years old now, but they were already 2 seasons out. But it's the first year they look quite tulip-like with little dark-skinned bulbs and more stocky leaves. The other 2 seasons they looked like young chives or grass with one about 5 cm long slim leaf each and not much of a bulb.