Old 10-02-2014, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Rooks are preparing

On 09/02/2014 15:55, sacha wrote:

I've just seen one flying into the rookery with a twig in her beak, so
it looks as if they're optimistic, at least!

I have one daffodil now showing yellow and a poppy plant with two fully
developed flower heads for the new "summer" season. There was a weak
ground frost this morning but still no air frost. It is presently sunny
with blue skies in North Yorkshire and waterlogged fields everywhere.

A couple more warm days like today and they will be out. Snowdrops,
winter jasmine and hamamelis and the first crocus already are out.

Unforced rhubarb will be good to eat next week if it doesn't get frosted
first.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown