Old 10-02-2014, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default little conifer

"Spider" wrote in message ...

On 08/02/2014 17:33, lol wrote:
OK its a little conifer in a front garden
ftp://www.ldwilmer.pwp.blueyonder.co...dments/fir.jpg
Question is how do we go about identifying it?
These things all look the same to me, want to know how big its going to
grow
and if we can safely leave it

Many thanks,
Lol

I can't name it off the top of my head, but my immediate neighbour had
one exactly like that. It eventually grew until it was interfering with
the telephone cables. It had to be removed.

If you decide to get rid of yours, make sure there isn't a TPO (Tree
Preservation Order) on it, or you could be fined for chopping it down
without permission.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Can I just point out to urglers, that a TPO does not have to be only "A"
specific tree, it can be applied to an 'area' as I found when I was a local
Councillor resurrecting an area which had been a football ground and fallen
into being a dump and a 'Traveller's Squat Camp'. Once they were removed and
we took possession, clearance started and we were struck with a "Blanket
TPO", even on small saplings!!! . Bit of a fuss but we won :-)

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk