Old 11-02-2014, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Slugs have no taste

On 10/02/2014 23:20, David Hill wrote:
On 09/02/2014 20:08, Spider wrote:
On 09/02/2014 19:43, Nick Maclaren wrote:
I am feeding some of my unwelcome guests on Tesco Value bitter
and lager, and they seem to like it. In the interests of science,
I tried a sip of each. The former is vaguely reminiscient of
Grotney's Gaslight, for those who are very ancient, but the
latter is very like sex in a punt (to use the classic description).
Fizzy and wet, and with a vague flavour that I would have been
hard put to identify without knowing what the stuff was sold as.
Still, at 25 pence a shot, it's clearly the Right Stuff - for slugs.

Mainly garden slugs, with some field slugs - the large black and
red slugs do not seem to be active yet. The latter are the ones
that seriously annoy my wife (and me, when I tread on them with
bare feet), but the former are pretty annoying, too. It was last
year that triggered me into creating a dozen slug traps from old
2-litre fizzy drinks bottles (my daughters have low taste in such
things, though much better in real drinks) and some spare roof
tiles.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Oh, thank goodness, Nick! I thought for a moment that you'd been eating
the disgusting things. Yuk!

I'm afraid I just give my slugs and snails flying lessons - or should
that be lesions! Heh heh.

For those who have been disappointed by the way this thread has gone,
this link may bring it back to what you expected
http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipe...and-cook-slugs

Sounds like a recipe for an emetic! :~(

--
Spider.