Old 11-02-2014, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default New neighbours

"gardenmaturin" wrote

Bob Hobden; Wrote:

Yet another moved
into a mature garden with fruit trees and ornamentals, OK they needed
some
pruning, and the first and only thing they did in the garden was cut
everything off at ground level, literally. 6 months later then set fire
it all in the middle of the lawn and it stayed like that until they
moved
on.

that sounds dramatic!

That is what we, as gardeners, thought. I spoke to the wife about it and
enquired what they were going to do and she said they intended to get the
garden landscaped. Two were mature fan trained apple trees covered in ripe
fruit and they just lay there fruit still attached until they were burnt
about 6 months later. The burnt area gradually grassed over at which point
they moved. None so strange as folk.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.