Old 11-02-2014, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default New neighbours

In article ,
"Christina Websell" wrote:

"Another John" wrote in message
But I'm at a loss to see how they could have reduced your conifers to
lollipops? This implies that they've cut the tops off: how could they do
that, without entering your garden to do so?!

They've cut all the bottoms off

Ah - I see. I was thinking of "lollipopping" in hedgerows: when the
tractor simply cuts the tops off year after year, they end up as thick
stems with a very short bush on the top.

Cut the bottoms off? They entered your garden and cut off all the
bottoms? Unforgivable behaviour, not to say illegal. The same applies
even if they only "entered" by the length of their loppers.

J.