Old 11-02-2014, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default New neighbours

On 2014-02-11 02:14:16 +0000, Christina Websell said:

"bert" ] wrote in message

I understand what you are saying but some people have a problem with
trees overhanging into their space.
I had one new neighbour and the very first thing she said to me when I
tried to introduce myself was, "So it's your tree overhanging my
garden, get it cut back", no please or nice to meet you or anything.
Yet another moved into a mature garden with fruit trees and
ornamentals, OK they needed some pruning, and the first and only thing
they did in the garden was cut everything off at ground level,
literally. 6 months later then set fire to it all in the middle of the
lawn and it stayed like that until they moved on.
We had new neighbours bit like that. They had 2 trees on the large
front garden been there 35 years and were actually covered by covenants
but they cut one off at ground level. We managed to save the other one.
First time in 35 years we have conflict with a neighbour, fortunately
not next door but opposite.
--
bert

There is no reason to do it, we have 450 ft gardens. and a branch or
two has never mattered.
But their dog barks far too much, they leave it and its up at the
window barking, and I've been good about it until now as it barks
through my wall all ferking day.

And if they take the backs of my fruit trees out again without
consulting me I will object to their dog. which I don't want to do. I
love dogs. It's left alone far too much and is up at the window looking
for them and barking, which drives me mad.

You'll have to record it, Christina. I had a nutcase of an opposite
neighbour who used to shut her dogs outside at 4am and leave them there
to bark endlessly. She did this - and many other things - deliberately
to annoy her neighbours. I and others contacted the RSPCA who 'had a
word' and that put a stop to it. Dogs are not animals happy left alone
for long periods of time and this one is making that obvious! You may
need to get a special recording machine from the Environmental people
or your council because (iirc) they have timers which show how long the
dog barks for and at what time.
--

Sacha

But she could (as she loves dogs) offer to have it during the day which
would make the dog happy! trouble with the official route is whilst you
may have right on your side and get the nuisance stopped you are still
living next door to the neighbours.

Oh certainly, a word with the neighbours is definitely the first and
best course. Yes, I'd offer to walk it during the day or something of
that sort but that might actually make the dog bark more when it has to
be shut up in the house again!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com