Old 12-02-2014, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default New neighbours

"Christina Websell" wrote

"bert" wrote

I understand what you are saying but some people have a problem with
trees overhanging into their space.
I had one new neighbour and the very first thing she said to me when I
tried to introduce myself was, "So it's your tree overhanging my garden,
get it cut back", no please or nice to meet you or anything. Yet another
moved into a mature garden with fruit trees and ornamentals, OK they
needed some pruning, and the first and only thing they did in the garden
was cut everything off at ground level, literally. 6 months later then
set fire to it all in the middle of the lawn and it stayed like that
until they moved on.

We had new neighbours bit like that. They had 2 trees on the large front
garden been there 35 years and were actually covered by covenants but
they cut one off at ground level. We managed to save the other one. First
time in 35 years we have conflict with a neighbour, fortunately not next
door but opposite.

There is no reason to do it, we have 450 ft gardens. and a branch or two
has never mattered.
But their dog barks far too much, they leave it and its up at the window
barking, and I've been good about it until now as it barks through my wall
all ferking day.

And if they take the backs of my fruit trees out again without consulting
me I will object to their dog. which I don't want to do. I love dogs.
It's left alone far too much and is up at the window looking for them and
barking, which drives me mad.

How about asking if you could "babysit" their dog as it's barking all the
time when they are away, that gets the point over without confrontation.
Then you can talk money, I know two ladies of a certain age that do dog
strolling and babysitting and do quite well. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.