Old 12-02-2014, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 45 mph (:-(

On 12/02/14 09:08, Peter & Jeanne wrote:
Wind speed this mid PM forecast for Nantwich
Should finally deal with the failing polythene on the pollytunn.!!

Anybody got higher predictions(BBC internet in my case) in their areas and any other worries.

Must be well the highest so far this winter (:-(

Pete

A very good animated overview of pressure, temperature (min, max, ground),
pressure, humidity, wind speed, precipitation averaged over various periods,
cloud cover, and many more things can be found at
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MOD ELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=uv10&HH=0&ARCHIV=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=&WMO=

And using
http://rasp.inn.leedsmet.ac.uk/RASPtableGM/RASPtableGM.html
to zoom in on Failand (i.e. hills outside Bristol), I can see
15:00 - wind at 2m: 33kt (=38mph)
15:00 - wind at 10m: 43kt (=50mph)