Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default 45 mph (:-(

On 12/02/2014 11:52, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Wind speed this mid PM forecast for Nantwich
Should finally deal with the failing polythene on the pollytunn.!!

Anybody got higher predictions(BBC internet in my case) in their areas and
any other worries.

Must be well the highest so far this winter (:-(

45 barely counts as a stiff breeze here in West Scotland, where 80 to
90 is nothing unusual.

Er, a MEAN wind speed of even 80 MPH is well into force 12, which
isn't all that common even in the Western Isles. But I agree that
one of 45 MPH in north-west Scotland wouldn't even be mentioned
specially on the national weather report - it's a mere force 8.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Well here, overlooking Swansea bay we have had gusts into the 70's over
the last hour or so, but in the last 20 mins I think we have got up into
the 80's, and we are supposed to reach the strongest winds in another 3
hours.
David