Old 12-02-2014, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Anyone had a big tree cut down?

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

We have a large sycamore tree that has to come down as its endangering the
roadside dry stone wall. Its a big bugger with four 2ft plus dia trunks
three times the height of the house, and of course only three feet from a
busy road!

I'm waiting with anticipation for the first quote to come through. Any
thoughts on a ballpark figure? I'm struggling to find anyone else interested
in taking on the job so my usual three quote rule for a big job may have to
me bypassed!

Mike

Lane closure?
Crane?
TPO waver?
Remove all wood?
'Their' comprehensive Insurance?

Knowing what I do know from experience of trees felled and removed involving
all of the above except 'lane closure', I would expect £5000 - £6000

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk