Old 12-02-2014, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Down they go

"David Hill" wrote in message
Well it had to happen, the last report of the wind gusting at the Mumbles,
which we can see from here 450ft higher was wind gusting too 92 mph.
And so far I have had a 60ft variegated leylandii and a40ft golden conifer
next to each other blown down, won't have done the 20 year old camellia
under them a lot of good.
And now as I write this a 30ft golden leylandii has just blown down across
the window.
And to add to the fun I've just had a phone call from the hospital to say
my wife can come home, she's been in with a mixture of problems, kidneys,
INR, blood sugar and urinary tract infection.
David at a very windy side of Swansea Bay

What an one say David?

I hope your wife'scondition improves and a better quality of life ensues.

You've had it rough with the weather which has been very bad recently.
Today is particularly rough and I dare say there will be many trees down in
the Swansea area.

Bill