Old 12-02-2014, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Thames flooding

In article , says...

I can actually smell the sewage in the water now when I walk down the

road
every couple of hours to see how far it's got!

From childhood experience of living in a house on mains sewer services
in a flood area; one of the worst effects is sewage backing up through
toilet bowls especially in ground floor lavs. With luck you can prevent
this by plugging the U-bend . Double up some waterproof soft plastic
carrier bags and stuff them with rags, then ram the plug down the flush
hole of the toilet.

Janet.