Old 12-02-2014, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Down they go

On 12/02/2014 17:28, Emery Davis wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:39:54 +0000, David Hill wrote:

Well it had to happen, the last report of the wind gusting at the
Mumbles, which we can see from here 450ft higher was wind gusting too 92
mph.
And so far I have had a 60ft variegated leylandii and a40ft golden
conifer next to each other blown down, won't have done the 20 year old
camellia under them a lot of good.
And now as I write this a 30ft golden leylandii has just blown down
across the window.
And to add to the fun I've just had a phone call from the hospital to
say my wife can come home, she's been in with a mixture of problems,
kidneys, INR, blood sugar and urinary tract infection.
David at a very windy side of Swansea Bay

Sorry to hear about these problems David. Best wishes for your wife's
health, I expect she'll be happy to get back home, anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the good wished for the wife, I think we will now
be starting daily trips to Warfarin clinic just to take me away from the
clearing.
Incidentally we here at whole gale to hurricane force for 7 hours, the
only good thing was no rain in that time. The 20+ inches we have had so
far this year have been more than enough and probably did a lot to help
the wind uproot the trees.
David